Houzz

Today's Ideabooks
Browse Bedroom Products on Houzz- For Example:

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book Review- Charlotte Moss, A visual Life

Let me just start by saying "what a peculiar book". I do not mean this in a bad way either. When I first got this book I was a bit taken aback. I was looking forward to seeing some of the work of Charlotte Moss, someone who I have admired for a very long time. Instead I got a book that had very little text and page after page of what at first glance is visual chaos.
 
Do not let this first impression stop you! I put the book down for more than a week, and then curiosity drew me back and I spent more time with it. What I found was a gateway not to her work, but to the workings of her mind!

As it turns out Ms. Moss has been a collager for years and uses the medium as a visual record of her life and inspirations. When viewed through that lens these images become meaningful tributes to her life and clients. Now, I am not convinced this is the way I would record the world, but that is precisely why I keep coming back to this book. I love to see the world through the eyes of someone who sees it differently from me.





Published by Rizzoli, it is another book that I am pleased to have in my Library. With winter coming up, its the perfect comfy chair by the fire piece.
 

No comments: